What is HACCP Certification?
Adopt correct and effective methodology to manage food safety and providing safe food to the customer by certifying HACCP Certification for an organization.
HACCP is a management system for food safety. It is essential to demonstrate your commitment to producing or trading safe food with customers. HACCP Certification is a system that recognizes a food business to identify and manage food safety-related risks by implementing systems and procedures following HACCP Plans. HACCP Principles aims to identify hazards in a food system and apply the result in eliminating or controlling them to ensure that the food is safe.
HACCP plays a critical role in ensuring your business is prepared to comply with the HACCP Food Hygiene principles. It is a systematic approach to prevent and avoid any hazard to the food from chemical, physical, and biological hazards, in the production process making the finished product unsafe for usage. Following HACCP Principles helps the food industries that can prove due diligence and conformance to HACCP. Application of HACCP plan helps in Risk-Based Preventive Controls and Hazard Analysis system variation for an organization.
HACCP follows and works on seven principles to establish effective food safety.
- Conducting Hazard Analysis of food hazards (chemical, physical, and biological hazards)
- Establish each Critical Control Points CCPs to include measurements of temperature, time, moisture, etc.
- Implementing Critical Control Limits CCL, for example, minimum cooling temperate for storage for a particular food product. Each has a different CCL.
- Establish and monitor the procedure system to control Critical Control Points
- Establish and apply corrective actions wherever required
- Establish a procedure for verifying the Conformity of the HAACP system
- Establish and maintain Documentation and Records of each step and methodology
Benefits of HACCP Certification
- Customer satisfaction by providing safe food to end-users.
- Ensuring Consumer health safety.
- Improvement in food standards and quality enhanced the conformity of HACCP Principles by avoiding hazards and CCPs.
- Benefit of international stature against other competitors with no HACCP certification and achieve more heights in the market.
- Identifies, manages, and minimizes risks and hazards at the earlier stage of the process.
- Assists in the long run of your business adding credibility and brand image.
- Builds stakeholder’s confidence by good market value.
- Prevention of diseases and chemical hazards due to food damage.
- Reduces cost in recalls and damages
- Ensures teamwork among the personnel in an organization.
Requirements of HACCP Certification
- Development of an effective HACCP plan
- Full description of the Product
- Identify intended use of the Product
- Prepare the procedures and plan to follow HACCP plans
- Identify and list all the hazards and CCPs.
- Establish each CCPs limits for a particular food
- Specific corrective actions to deal with deviations
- Establish verification process to determine the working of HAAC system
- Establish accurate record-keeping
- Conduct Internal Audit